I have broken my leg twice in the same place. Will I develop osteoarthritis in that leg?

Dr. Matt Vukin
In brief: Unlikely
Osteoarthritis involves the joints between bones, so unless your fractures involve the joint this is unlikely.
Be sure to follow through with any recommended physical therapy after your injury to ensure muscle/joint stability after a likely period of less exercise/conditioning.

In brief: Unlikely
Dr. Matt Vukin
Dr. Matt Vukin
Dr. Dean Giannone
In brief: Chances are...
you're likely to get post traumatic arthritis in the joint surrounding the broken bone.

In brief: Chances are...
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Rhett Griggs
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Variable
Is it in the joint? If not is the bone crooked (malunion)? Best to ask your ortho doc.

In brief: Variable
Dr. Rhett Griggs
Dr. Rhett Griggs
Dr. Peter Kurzweil