I have broken my leg twice in the same place. Will I develop osteoarthritis in that leg?

Dr. Matt Vukin

In brief: Unlikely

Osteoarthritis involves the joints between bones, so unless your fractures involve the joint this is unlikely.
Be sure to follow through with any recommended physical therapy after your injury to ensure muscle/joint stability after a likely period of less exercise/conditioning.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Matt Vukin
Dr. Matt Vukin
Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Chances are...

you're likely to get post traumatic arthritis in the joint surrounding the broken bone.

In brief: Chances are...

Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Rhett Griggs
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Variable

Is it in the joint? If not is the bone crooked (malunion)? Best to ask your ortho doc.

In brief: Variable

Dr. Rhett Griggs
Dr. Rhett Griggs
Dr. Marsha Davis