My mother was diagnosed with atrophic vaginitis. How will this affect her?

Vaginal estrogen. This can effect her in several ways. Atrophic vagina is caused by lack of estrogen stimulation of the walls of the vagina. This leads to thinning of the walls, vaginal dryness, pain with intercourse ("feels like sadpaper" and decreased diameter of the vagina. Without estrogen replacement vaginally as well regular vaginal penetration, the vagina will eventually become so small to inhibit sex.
Atrophic Vaginitis. This is a condition which often occurs after menopause from a decrease in estrogen. The vaginal tissue often becomes thin and dry. It can also effect the pH ( acid level) of the vagina increasing risk of bladder infections and vaginitis. Some people don't have any problems, others complain of vaginal irritation, frequent infections, painful intercourse. See gyn for further care.
A few wsys. Atrophic vaginitis is caused from the low levels of estrogen associated with menopause. It can cause vaginal dryness and pain with intercourse. Some women have a yellowish vaginal dishrag and irritation. All of these symptoms are treatable by her doctor.
More nuisance than s. This condition can cause vaginal dryness and irritation. This can make sexual intercourse painful, but is easily remedied by a lubricant. Because the vagina sits atop the urethra, where the urine flows out, there can be some urinary symptoms such as frequency, urgency, and even incontinence. The problem can be treated with oral or topical vaginal hormones.