Are there safe alternative therapies for entamoeba histolytica infection?

No place for herbs. No place for herbs. If confirmed diagnosis, standard treatment is Metronidazole orally or iv. Tinidazole or Chloroquine can be substituted. Response to rx usually occurs in 4 days. Most experts recommend the addition of iodoquinol, diloxanide, or paromomycin to eradicate residual amebae in the gut. Be sure there is no pyogenic coinfection. Watch for rare complications of amebic abscesses, as well.
Yes. Once infection is diagnosed, multiple treatment regimen are available. The optimal regimen will depend upon type and extent of infection.