I've had a sore on my face for over three months now. The doctor thought that it was skin infection, then shingles. I've had four rounds of antibiotics and it is still not healing. Whatshould i do?

Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: Sore on face

You should have the sore biopsed to rule a basal cell carcinoma.

In brief: Sore on face

Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Michael Ein
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Skin biopsy

You have had a skin lesion on your face for over 3 months that your doctors cannot diagnose and that has not responded to treatment.
I would recommend that you get a biopsy performed and tested for histology, routine, AFB and fungal culture to find out what it is.

In brief: Skin biopsy

Dr. Michael Ein
Dr. Michael Ein
Pathology

In brief: Get seen

This is cancer, likely a basal cell carcinoma, until proved otherwise.
These can usually be removed with a certainty of cure. A dermatology consult is in order. There are a variety of other possibilities.

In brief: Get seen

Dr. Vikram Patel