Md wants to treat neurofibromatosis. What if I don't?

Learn what U can. Nf is not a single disease but a collection of disorders. Some are mild & have minimal effect & some feature slow growing tumors that can distroy hearing or other vital organs. You need to verify the form you are working with and its features. A genetic counselor can help you sort thru much of the written material so you can make an informed decision on any proposal.
Monitor complication. This is a inherited condition of the nervous system causing tumors (overgrowth) of cells of the nervous system. These may be peripheral, causing swellings under the skin, or closer to the central nervous system. Overgrowth can cause problems depending on the location of the tumors. Usually these growths are benign, but some can turn cancerous. Treatment is monitoring and removal of complications.