High grade neuroendocrine carcinoma of liver?

Dr. Mary Maluccio
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: There are treatments

The vast majority of neuroendocrine carcinomas in the liver originate in another site.
Since the liver disease is the most common contributor to survival, we will often use liver directed therapies to control the liver component of the disease. There is an imaging techinque (ga68) used in europe that is available in certain centers in the us that can help evaluate the ds and response to trtment.

In brief: There are treatments

Dr. Mary Maluccio
Dr. Mary Maluccio
Pathology

In brief: Metastatic

Usually this has spread to the liver from some other location, such as the pancreas (steve jobs's cancer).
The pathology and the imaging teams can help identify the site from which it arose. You have my sympathy; my hope is that it can be managed using today's, and perhaps tomorrow's, medicines.

In brief: Metastatic

Dr. Eric Weisman