I'm growing my wisdom tooth and it hurts a little when i'm eating?

Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry

In brief: Evaluation needed

It is common for erupting wisdom teeth to be sore.
If there is still a flap of tissue over the tooth it is easy to trap food and get an infection. It is time that you see your dentist to the the wisdom evaluated for extraction. Extractions are much easier now at your age than if you wait. Talk to your parents about scheduling an appointment.

In brief: Evaluation needed

Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: See your dentist

Who can determine whether or not your wisdom tooth is coming in straight and if there will be enough room for it.
Better to know early and plan for an extraction, if necessary, rather than wait until you have severe pain and swelling. On the other hand that might not be necessary. See a dentist to find out which scenario is more likely.

In brief: See your dentist

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Andrea Brand