I fell and hit my head on cement and ended up with a subdural heamatoma i had to have burr hole surgery to fix itis it likely to return been over a yr?

Dr. Jefferson Chen
Neurosurgery

In brief: Unlikely

In a young person who is otherwise healthy and who is not on anticoagulants, it is unlikely for the subdural hematoma to return.
If it has been over a year and there have not been any new symptoms (headache, nausea/vomiting, weakness) and if the post-operative scan does not have residual, it is very unlikely. However, if there are future head injuries, you are at the same risk as anyone else.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Jefferson Chen
Dr. Jefferson Chen
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: It is possible

It is possible to have recurrence of the subdural hematoma , the rate from 3.
7 to 30% after surgery.

In brief: It is possible

7 to 30% after surgery.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Eric Weisman