My platelet count is 52000 (itp). Can I take prednisone or prednisolone to increase platelets count upto normal range.

Itp. Yes you can but long term steroids are to be avoided due to side effects. There are many other options available for itp. See http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/idiopathic_thrombocytopenic_purpura#steroids.
Itp. You are having low platelet count due to itp. Immuno-suppression with Prednisone and/ I.V.I.G, is the standard treatment. Despite the treatment if you still have low platelet count along with some bleeding, then final option will be to go for spleenectomy. Please call your hematologist to discuss the treatment options. Good luck !