Not sure why resident used a term like poor wound healing then left. I really need to know what that means.?

Dr. Martin Tyson
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Need more info

Likely this means that you have not had the expected outcome.
Poor wound healing can be caused by many factors including infections, malnutrition, diabetes, renal failure, smoking, anemia, medications like steroids or chemotherapy, poor blood supply etc., not offloading appropriately, and occasionally poor surgical technique. Next time ask him exactly what he means.

In brief: Need more info

Dr. Martin Tyson
Dr. Martin Tyson
Dr. David Wishnew
Wound care

In brief: Wound healing

Wound healing is a complex mechanism that requires many factors to come into play so that the body can repair a wound generally, poor wound healing indicates that the body is responding in a sub-optimal way to injury.
Metabolic disorders, cancer, nutritional factors and medications, among others, can interfere in the body's response to a wound and to the ability to heal.

In brief: Wound healing

Dr. David Wishnew
Dr. David Wishnew
Dr. David Hardin
Wound care

In brief: Need more info

I must assume that either a sore , trauma site or operative site are healing slower than expected.

In brief: Need more info

Dr. David Hardin
Dr. David Hardin
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery