What does it mean when a woman has thyroid cancer?

Gland in neck cancer. A malignant growth in the gland in the front of the neck. Cancer can spread and the thyroid needs to be removed. Sometimes there is just one or multiple cancers in the whole gland. Lymph nodes and further spread needs to be evaluated and appropriate therapy given. Overall thyroid cancer has high cure rates.
Thyroid cancer. It means the woman has thyroid cancer. There are many types but the most common is papillary thyroid cancer. It's slow growing and can be easily treated. By this stage, you should already have a surgeon and an endocrinologis on the team. Treatment is to take out the thyroid +/- lymph nodes (surgery). Depending on how big and if it had spread, you might also need radioactive iodine.