Believe in power of prayer. Will it work for pharynx cancer?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: No, I am afraid not

While I am quite religious myself, i dont think the power of prayer alone will work or enough to treat any cancer.
To treat head and neck cancer - 3 modalities are commonly used - chemo, radiation and surgery-either as a single or combined modality, treatment will depend on the location and the stage of disease. The power of prayer hopefully will help guide you through the treatment process above.

In brief: No, I am afraid not

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Read my answer

I tell my patients there were people before you who also prayed.
God answered by providing the tools we have such as dr ho stated with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation. As god created everything that includes modern medicine. By prayer and positive attitude the treatment god has provided you can work and your prayers answered. Remember that sometimes god had a different plan for you.

In brief: Read my answer

Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar

In brief: Prayer

In this day and age, in addition to prayer you have many different health resources available.
I believe that our bodies are a gift & that we are responsible to take care of them - which includes seeking medical care when ill. See below >>>>>.

In brief: Prayer

To work toward wellness, there needs to be health & balance spiritually, physically and emotionally. We can work toward our spiritual health through prayer. In response we may receive hope, acceptance, comfort, courage and the knowledge that we are not alone. Although miraculous cures have occured, there is no way to know the plan for you. In the meantime, I pray that you have a fine medical team and people to love & support you.
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Prayer and

The pharynx goes from your nose to the area behind the voice box (the larynx!). Nose and throat cancers are serious. Prayer may help you cope, may give you grace to deal with your problem, and perhaps choose a good team to carry out treatment. Do not rely on prayer to fix your physical problem. I'll pray for you to see the light in this one. Seek and ye shall find.

In brief: Prayer and

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Pathology

In brief: Wise up

I'm a man of faith myself.
But during my 40 years in medicine, I have investigated about a dozen claims of people who claimed to have been cured of cancer by "prayer". Everyone of these people was either clearly mistaken or was lying. Please forgive me. If you neglect mainstream treatment for your cancer, you will a horrible death. Prayer will provide you with strength and spiritual comfort.

In brief: Wise up

I'm a man of faith myself.