What are the kinds of things you can do to avoid pancreatic cancer?

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: I understand the

Request, but there is nothing preventitive that i know, and i sure would take it if it worked! i don't want pancreas cancer! I am apeaking of head & body, there are ducts and glands and these can produce cancers.
The tail is the home islets that produce hormones, and these have more favorable outcome. Cancer blocks ducts, surrounds vessels before producing signs in time for surgery to work.

In brief: I understand the

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Debashish Bose
there are epidemiologic associations with diabetes, smoking, and chronic pancreatitis that are relatively weak. Certainly avoid smoking, maintain a healthy weight, and avoid excess alcohol intake. Recent data suggests an association between the consumption of grilled meats with lots of carbon (burn) and GI cancers, so this may be another issue. A lot more research needs to be done in this area.
Dr. Sumit Sawhney
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Risk

Alcohol, smoking obesity are risk factors.

In brief: Risk

Dr. Sumit Sawhney
Dr. Sumit Sawhney
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery