How will I know if I have fetal alcohol syndrome?

Dr. Horacio Capote

In brief: Hard to Tell

It is easier to identify in little kids that have characteristic facial features.
But as people grow it becomes harder. There is also a range of FAS --- mild to severe. In a way, it doesn't matter because there are no specific treatments. It is probably best to identify which problems you do have & work on them. You should also be aware that you are at greater risk for developing alcohol problems.

In brief: Hard to Tell

Dr. Horacio Capote
Dr. Horacio Capote
Dr. Leonard Lado

In brief: Fas

Freunscht et al 2011 examined the biographical development and living situation of 60 adult patients with fas.
In their childhood, all the patients had been diagnosed with FAS in a university hospital. Most patients lived in dependent circumstances. The occupational development was characterized by disruption and failure, and severe social problems. So its hard to predict without knowing details.

In brief: Fas

Dr. Leonard Lado
Dr. Leonard Lado