Why chronic low back pain?

What's low back pain. Unfortunately that is way too vague a question. There are probably several hundred causes of low back pain. Important questions include is it only back pain, does it go down the legs, and when does it occur.
Several options. Back pain is usually related to arthritic changes to the spine. Sometime back pain can be related to infections, cancer, fractures, or even other organs such as the kidney, bladder, etc. If your pain lasts greater than 2 weeks I would see your physician.
Back pain. The back pain can be caused by muscle strain, spinal stenosis, ruptured disc, nerve impingement ... Treatment varies depends on the cause of the pain. If your pain persists, you should seek help from a health care provider. You might benefit from a comprehensive evaluation and treatment.
Spine Pain Options. This chronic pain in the distribution as you suggested is the result of an irritated nerve or facet joints or other injury typically in the lumbar spine (low back) which are caused by herniated disks, spinal stenosis or degenerative disc disease, etc requiring further evaluation by a spine specialist and may be candidate for facet injections/radiofrequency ablation and epidural steroid injection.