Do I need to change the way I run or my running shoes?

Dr. Frank Holmes
Sports Medicine
In brief: It depends...
Your question does not mention your problem, but the general rule for updating running shoes is every 300-500 miles, every 9-12 months or sooner if there is significant wear of the tread on the sole.
Changing running style can include a shorter/longer stride, cadence (steps/minute), how you footstrike, etc. Consult with a sports medicine physician to help you answer these questions!

In brief: It depends...
Dr. Frank Holmes
Dr. Frank Holmes
In brief: More info needed
To receive an answer that will be more helpful for you , you need to give more information.
..Your health status, any problems such as gout, diabetes or blood pressure concerns.You should state how long it has been a problem and what you do to make it feel better.Also tells us what it looks like..Is it discolored, swollen or point tender.The more you tell the better the answer.

In brief: More info needed
Dr. Steven Frydman
Dr. Steven Frydman
In brief: Shoes
It is very difficult to change running style.

In brief: Shoes
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine