My brother has thyroid cancer. Is that something important?

It could be. Different types of thyroid cancer-but generally divided into 2 group-well differentiated and undifferentiated. Papillary cancer is the most common type of thyroid cancer. Treatment is a surgery to remove thyroid and evaluation to the adjacent lymph nodes. Post surgery radioiodine therapy is given (to the well diffif) if there is residual disease, +lymph nodes, spreading. Read more-www. Nccn. Com.
Yes. The cure rates for thyroid cancer are generally good, but I would say that all cancers are important and should be dealt with seriously.