My son has erb-duchenne paralysis. Is that something serious?

In brief: Most are transient

Occasionally the forces of delivery & position of the head & shoulder during the final moments of delivery put stress on the nerves exiting the neck to supply the shoulder & arm. Swelling around these nerves, will lead to changes in the position & movement of the affected arm in a pattern called erbs palsy.
Most cases are transient & resolve in < 48hrs..Some will need therapy if persisting.

In brief: Most are transient

Dr. Thomas Riney
It can be problematic, but your child can adapt fairly well over time. One of my patients played high school football quite well with a fairly severe case
Dr. Nader Ajluni

In brief: See neurology

I have had a patient that required surgery with that problem.

In brief: See neurology

Dr. Nader Ajluni
Dr. Nader Ajluni