I have trouble breathing when i lay down? I do have asthma, but it's never been this bad. I lie down and stop breathing or have a hard time. What can I do?

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Sleep apnea?

If you have trouble breathing immediately upon lying down, this indicates something obstructing your upper airways (see ent).
If you mean that you often get awakened from choking , then you should consider a sleep study. I assume that you have no breathing problem during the day . If you are really overweight, you should try to get your weight down regardless of the above.

In brief: Sleep apnea?

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine