My uterous area hurts sometimes its like someone is squeezing it. Do I see a ob/gyn for this kind of thing?

Nicole Bressler
Emergency Medicine
There could be many reasons why you are experiencing cramping, depending on whether you have it all the time or just before your periods.
An ob/gyn can help figure out the cause and the right treatment that is best for you.

Nicole Bressler
Nicole Bressler
Answer assisted by Nicole Bressler, Medical Student
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
In brief: Possibly
If you only ocasionally have this feeling it may just be normal for you.
Some women will have discomfort around ovulation and / or cramps with the periods - other possible sources for your symptoms include the bowel or bladder as well. If you feel that the symptoms are a problem for you, then you should be seen for evaluation and management, or even just for reassurance if everything is normal.

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Jane Van Dis