Best way to treat a hangover?

Moderation is better. Per uptodate, people who successfully drink in moderation are, by definition, not abusers of alcohol. No level of alcohol consumption can reliably be regarded as safe for some. Recommendations for "safe" levels of drinking differ between men & women."problem drinking" (frequent hangover, excessive drunkenness, or sleeping in one's clothes) is clearly related to excess mortality. Drink less please!
Don't drink so much.. ..Next time. Nothing really helps, but you should stay hydrated (with water!), rest, and eat small frequent amounts. Drinking to excess can cause serious medical problems, besides being a sign of alcoholism.