If my ankle and foot falls asleep could that mean I have nerve damage? It's turning purple on the ankle & I felt it pop, so could it be cracked?

Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Emergency Medicine
In brief: Yes or blood vessels
Numbness could be due to nerve damage, but turning purple may mean there's an interruption in blood flow.
Weakness and pain may be associated. See your doctor, especially if this is progressing.

In brief: Yes or blood vessels
Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Dr. Daniel Farber
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle
In brief: Unlikely
It's unlikely that it's cracked (broken).
However you could have a nerve condition call crps ( formerly rsd) where a nerve responds abnormally to an injury or other stimulus. This can become a serious problem and warrants prompt diagnosis and treatment.

In brief: Unlikely
Dr. Daniel Farber
Dr. Daniel Farber