What should you do to get rid of a stiff neck?

Try Heat, NSAID. Ibuprofen and heat can help with the pain and stiffness. You can take Ibuprofen or Naproxen. If it continues, you can try neck exercises but before you do, I would recommend an evaluation by a reliable chiropractor or physiatrist. Most neck problems are cause by poor posture.
Several tips. Heating pad to relax the muscles, speed healing process, apply 20 to 30 minutes 2-3 times per day. Icing reduces inflammation, and dulls the pain, don't ice for more than 20 minutes. Posture correction, stretching exercises- stretch neck muscles, rotate your head several times. Massage-shiatsu or self massage, from ear down to collarbone, changing pillows, anti-inflammatory meds may help ease pain.