Can celexa (citalopram) treat schizoaffective disorder and bipolar medication problems?

Your ? Is unclear. Celexa (citalopram) shows no evidence of being effective in schizoaffective or bipolar disorder. No antidepressant is approved for either of these conditions on its own. Having said that, I am going to say antidepressant medication is frequently used in these conditions, sometimes successfully, but often not. Given the amount of time that people with these conditions spend in depression, it is not surprising people are often given antidepressants in the hope that they may be one of those lucky people who will respond beneficially to their effects.