Weight. 20 male, 180 CM 65 kilo, regular training at the gym 2-5 times a week. I want to gain more muscle weight, should I use creatin/kreatin?

Dr. Anthony Cusano
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Risk of creating

There is a small but real risk of kidney damage when using creatine.
You have to decide if the muscle benefit, which is also small but real is worth the risk. That is a value judgement only you can make.

In brief: Risk of creating

Dr. Anthony Cusano
Dr. Anthony Cusano
Dr. James Cain
creatinine is not toxic to the renal system
Dr. James Cain

In brief: Strength vs mass

Creatine, used by body builders, will increase strenghth briefly, this increase is lost rapidly.
Creatine is coverted in the process of muscle metabolism to creatinine. Creatinine is a waste product. Risk of damage from creatine/creatinine is small. Biggest problem is increased creatinine making your kidneys look damaged, when they are not. Any increased muscle mass may be a placebo effect.

In brief: Strength vs mass

Dr. James Cain
Dr. James Cain
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine