I have a pain in my lower, back jaw. Cavity or wisdom teeth? For a few days it never goes away. I heard that cavities only hurt when you eat, is that true?

Not true. As the cavities get bigger and deeper they cause other problems such as exposed vital nerves, infections, etc. Those things can hurt whether you are eating or not. You could have one or more dental problems. See your dentist as soon as possible to find out what the problem(s) are and how best to treat it\them.
Cavity or wisdom ? Could be either, if you haven't had your wisdom teeth removed already. Go see your dentist and have him/her take a radiograph to check. Good luck!
Needs attention. Could be a cavity, could be your wisdom tooth, could be a cavity in your wisdom tooth. Most dental problems needs to be seen to be diagnosed.. Make an appointment with a local dentist. Your problem will not get better on its own.