I have still's d. I've been on kineret (anakinra) for 5days, but pain n swelling is not going away, am I causing damage to my joints by walking w.Swollen knees?

Dr. Jerome Mueller
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Limit weight bearing
You didn't indicate your age or how long you have had this problem. In early childhood it is important to rest the affected joints as well as splinting with intermittent range of motion to prevent contractions (stiffness) and preserve motion.
Sequelae in the adult years are treated with anti-inflammatory medications. An adult needs to limit weight bearing until the joint swelling improves.

In brief: Limit weight bearing
Dr. Jerome Mueller
Dr. Jerome Mueller
Dr. Amrit Anand
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Exercise in limits
Hello Ena1, It is imperative that you have the inflammation under control to prevent further damage to your joint.
In fact ambulation/exercise in limits will be beneficial to your swollen joint in order to minimize loss of function and get essential nutrients to your joints. Short term use of steroids and switching to Actemra (tocilizumab) may be the answer if no improvement is noted in 2-3 weeks.

In brief: Exercise in limits
Dr. Amrit Anand
Dr. Amrit Anand
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine