Do you think I should avoid a root canal or a crown by doing a laser nerve treatment for my tooth?

Dr. Bruce Terry
Dentistry - Endodontics

In brief: No

If you have an tooth infection or an irritated tooth you must either have root canal therapy or an extraction.
Not all, but many teeth will need a crown after root canal treatment. Your dentist will advise you. Laser nerve treatment is a newer way to perform root canal treatment. It's not very popular and by definition it's still root canal treatment.

In brief: No

Dr. Bruce Terry
Dr. Bruce Terry
Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Dentistry - Endodontics

In brief: Laser? Really!

As a root canal specialist, having performed 30, 000 in my career, i can authoritatively tell you a laser does not equate to a root canal therapy.

In brief: Laser? Really!

Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Dr. Pamela Asseff
Dentistry

In brief: No

The laser nerve treatment is another way to do a root canal.
The tooth needs a root canal and later a crown regardless of the style of root canal treatment chosen. The tooth becomes dehydrated following root canal therapy. The crown offers the tooth strength to resist fracture.

In brief: No

Dr. Pamela Asseff
Dr. Pamela Asseff