We are in the 21 st century and how still we do not have a cure for fibromyalgia which is one worse chronic diseases.And why? Is there any hope for?

Dr. Ankush Bansal

In brief: Working on it

Fibromyalgia is a disease invented by a pharmaceutical company just 20 years ago or so.
There is research being done on it. However, it's not one of the worst diseases by a long shot although it can be debilitating. Cancer, diabetes, & heart disease are far worse, affect many more people, & have existed for generations. No one ever died of fibromyalgia. Millions have died of the other 3. Good luck.

In brief: Working on it

Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice

In brief: Wrong focus

Researchers are looking for a needle in the haystack; a gene or biochemical which is causal.
Fibromyalgia is, to my mind & as result of my clinical studies, primarily a musculoskeletal functional disorder found by evaluating biomechanics of the low back and pelvis for evidence of sacroiliac joint disorder. At quora.Com (free), i discuss how this clinical examination is undertaken.

In brief: Wrong focus

Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
4 comments
Dr. Laurence Badgley
I wrote a booklet on Quora.com (free) about my clinical findings, theories of causation, and treatment of fibromyalgia; under my name on "Pain Board".
Dr. Laurence Badgley
In the course of examining numerous fibromyalgia patients over the years, I observed that many had unequal leg lengths and varying signs and symptoms of pelvic girdle instability (per Occupational Disabilities Guidelines).  In 2007, I attended the 6th Interdisciplinary Congress on Low Back and Pelvic Pain in Barcelona to present my study of pelvic girdle disorder.  At this meeting, I became aware of the work of Dr. Andry Vleeming and his discoveries about sacroiliac joint function and disorder.  I also met Dr. Vert Mooney (Professor Emeritus of Orthopedics at the University of California at San Diego) and studied his investigations of the sacroiliac joint.  The work of these men and my own clinical observations have taught me that the sacroiliac joint has a normal range of motion and is susceptible to injury more readily than was taught to me in medical school (1960's).  In 2009, I published (Practical Pain Management) my methods of diagnosis of sacroiliac joint dysfunction.  It is possible to prove that the joint is unstable.  An unstable sacroiliac joint causes the overlying body tower to lean to one side, which imposes significant mechanical stress on muscles, tendons, ligaments, and fascia of the upper body tower.  An unrecognized mechanical force parameter is body weight motivated by the ambient gravitational field.  I believe that fMRI and biochemical changes found in fibromyalgia sufferers are all secondary effects and not primary cause expressions.  Widely ranging trigger points are proven sites of ischemia and biochemical change (Dr. Shah), and are true peripheral neuropathic pain generators, which explain the pain of fibromyalgia.  Chronic fatigue, fibro fog, and depression all arise from interrupted sleep secondary to nocturnal pain.  People with unstable pelvises experience increased pain when they lie on the sleep surface because the ground force of the mattress is imposed upon the pelvic ring; traversing to the loosest part of the ring, the injured and subluxing sacroiliac joint, stressing ligaments of this joint.  Sacroiliac joint disorder is a joint movement disorder and is not an inflammatory disorder (per medical literature).  The Occupational Disabilities Guidelines present the methods of diagnosis of sacroiliac joint disorder.  The world literature is of consensus that MRI, CT, and nuclear scans are not helpful for diagnosing sacroiliac joint disorder.  I have published a booklet on Quora.com, on my Pain Board, wherein I present my findings and theories.  In October 2013, I am invited to the 8th Interdisciplinary Congress on Low Back and Pelvic Pain in Dubai to present a novel imaging technique I have invented to image sacroiliac joint subluxation disorder, which is a joint mobility disorder found in between 10 and 30 percent of people with chronic low back pain; as reported in the world medical literature. 
Dr. John Leander Po
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: We aren't perfect!

Fm and similar diagnoses describes a constellation of signs and symptoms that we have absolutely no clear, concise idea how it biologically works, how to effectively treat it, and how to address its neuro-psychiatric effects, unfortunately, it's this ambiguity that is being exploited by some quacks, to spread misinformation about each of the diagnoses mentioned (and it's not exhaustive).

In brief: We aren't perfect!

Dr. John Leander Po
Dr. John Leander Po
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham