If I have a sinus infection. Can it affect my bby, im seven mnths pregnant?

Dr. SG Erman

Any bacterial infection could theoretically affect your baby and pregnancy, especially if you have a fever.
. I suggest seeing your physician.

. I suggest seeing your physician.
Dr. SG Erman
Dr. SG Erman

In brief: Unlikely

In general your simple localized infections like ear, sinuses, skin, etc.
do not generate enough of a body response to bother a pregnancy. Those that cause high fever, prostration,dehydration or germs that enter the blood like flu or measles can. If you inform the treating doc they can select meds that are tolerated by the baby.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Sinus infection

A sinus infection affects you, not your baby.
Decongestants and antibiotics used by you can cross the placenta. But by 7 months the major organ systems are formed and there would be no risk of a structural abnormality in the fetus.

In brief: Sinus infection

Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Dr. Cindy Juster