I am confused. If I have both fibro and cfs both the result of herpes viruses, am I just a recipient or can I be a carrier & contagious. ?

Dr. Susan Uhrich

In brief: Probably not

We don't know everything about the herpes viruses yet, but most people are infected with herpes 6 (associated with cfs) in childhood.
It appears that the virus can be deactivated in adults.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. John Leander Po
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: At least a recipient

Note that there are many herpesviruses; eight (8) are relevant to human infections.
It depends on what herpesvirus you are infected with, and how intact your immune system is. Additionally, just because you have fibromyalgia and cfs, doesn't always mean it was caused by herpesviruses, nor are they a manfestation of an active herpesvirus infection.

In brief: At least a recipient

Dr. John Leander Po
Dr. John Leander Po