Thyroid ultrasound: several hypoechoic foci measuring 7mm in length, could represent nodes, less likely prominent parathyroid. Should I be worried?

Dr. John Lipman
Radiology
In brief: Probably not
We never treat pictures (i.
e.Ultrasound), we treat the patient. If they are in thyroid, 7mm nodules are very common (and obviously tiny) particularly in women. If they are outside thyroid, additional imaging ct scan of neck with contrast may be needed. Discuss findings along with symptoms, pertinent blood work (ex. Thyroid function tests, ca++) with your primary care physician or endocrinologist.

In brief: Probably not
We never treat pictures (i.
Dr. John Lipman
Dr. John Lipman
Dr. Michael Korona
Radiology - Interventional
In brief: Probably not
If your doctor is worried will order ultrasound guided biopsy.
These are common. I do these almost every day.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Yash Khanna
I agree as i answered the question,ultrasond was ordered by a physician foe a reason and after getting the radiologist report,the clinician has to determinne next course.The decicion is not made by the radiologist but by the doctor who ordered the test and if there is a suspicion of cancer which may be the possibility and is ordered to be ruled out then biopsy guided by ultrasound right
Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: Hypoechoic foci thyr
Hypoechoic foci are fluid filled or sold masses that cast limited echoes compared to the surrounding tissues on ultrasound exam.Once you find this there is suspiciioun of cancer and it need further testin including biopsy to rule out cancer.The treatment depends on its type, composition and overall health of the indivisual.

In brief: Hypoechoic foci thyr
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Peter Kurzweil