Is it safe to be putting aluminum foil on teeth when smoking?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Smoking and ?

Personally, i would worry more about getting oral cancer and other medical ailments, and perhaps one day dying from smoking than if putting aluminum foil on my teeth is safe or not.
Cancer and dying is worse than stains on your teeth. These are your choices and you will have to live (or die) with the decisions that you make. Think about it. Is it really worth the risk?

In brief: Smoking and ?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Thomas Mchugh
Aluminum will not decrease stain from smoking, and I don't know why you would do this in the first place. Exhaust all of your options to quit smoking; it's really hard, I did it 26 years ago and it was the best thing I ever did.
Dr. Martin Hirsch
Dentistry

In brief: Absolutely no idea

This is a new one for me.
I have never heard of putting aluminum foil on your teeth before smoking. Wouldn't that be more difficult than giving up smoking? Let me know what radio stations you pick up>.

In brief: Absolutely no idea

This is a new one for me.
Dr. Martin Hirsch
Dr. Martin Hirsch

In brief: No

I assume you want to limit the staining of your teeth cause by the cigarette smoke.
Putting a material that has a potential to obstruct your airway and then inhaling is not good idea. Maybe not is a good time to consider quitting smoking.

In brief: No

Dr. Kenneth Van Stralen
Dr. Kenneth Van Stralen
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology