Most preferred canker sore remedies?

In brief: Canker sores

If you have a canker sore ( aphthous ulcer) you can rinse your mouth w warm salt water. Mix a teaspoon of salt in 8 oz of warm water – gargle w this several times a day.
Another option is to swish a mix of 1 part milk of magnesia ; 1 part liquid Benadryl in your mouth. Spit out after about a minute. Avoid eating spicy food or food that is hot (high temperature). Nsaid's or tylenol (acetaminophen) can be used for.

In brief: Canker sores

for pain. Please call your dentist if the sore is not resolving after a couple of weeks or if there is concern for a secondary infection. Your dentist can prescribe medications to help.
Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Dentistry - Endodontics

In brief: Kanka

There is no known cure, but using over the counter kanka is the best thing I have found in my 40 + years of dentistry.
It coats and reduces pain immediately!

In brief: Kanka

It coats and reduces pain immediately!
Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Many?

Since we do not know what causes canker sores, the remedies are many.
One approach is to apply a topical broad-spectrum antibiotic a few times a day. Another home remedy is to apply table salt on the sore itself but do realize this may hurt a bit. I am sure there are many other remedies but none has been scientifically proven.

In brief: Many?

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Peter Kurzweil