What causes anxiety disorders? Is it possible for someone who didn't go through any typically major event to suffer from anxiety disorder/ depression?

Many things; yes. Genetics, trauma, environmental factors/stress/illness can cause anxiety/depression. Some people have generaized anxiety/depression without apparent causes. If you are suffering or know someone who is so from such illness, consult a doctor. There are many treatment options available today...Medications and/or therapy. Best of luck to you.
Absolutely. Anxiety is a normal part of life. It motivates and warns us to keep from harm. Everyone is biologically set with different stress tolerance levels. For some this level is so low that normal daily decisions cause excessive anxiety. This can be genetic. An anxiety disorder occurs when the level of anxiety is so great it interfers with normal function. See psychiatry in techno colors on amazon. Com.
Causes of Anxiety. I commend you for your Emotional Health! Other than traumatic event in life, causes of Anxiety Disorder are: Family history increasing likelihood of developing Anxiety Abnormal functioning of certain nerve cell pathways that connect particular brain regions involved in thinking and emotions. Use of Caffeine, Alcohol, Marijuana, Cocaine and Amphetamines Withdrawal from Nicotine and Drugs.