I only finished my period a week ago and the last two days I have been bleeding again but different blood to period its a bright red colour why?

Dr. Mary Vanko

In brief: Irregular bleeding

There can be many reasons from not ovulating to a cervical inflamation, to breakthrough bleeding on oral contraceptives.
... If it worsens, see an ob/gyn..

In brief: Irregular bleeding

... If it worsens, see an ob/gyn..
Dr. Mary Vanko
Dr. Mary Vanko
Dr. Walter Kobasa
Another possibility is to make sure you are not pregnant. An ectopic pregnancy can sometimes present like this. If you are pregant you should be senn by your OBGYN ASAP
Dr. R. Wayne Inzer

In brief: Break through

Break through or intermenstral bleeding can be caused by a number of things.
Ocps, or the pill can do this, recent use of other medications, ovulation (releasing eggs) can cause. It is also important to look for other reasons, not from the uterus, like a tear in vaginal wall or irritation of the cervix. If bleeding is after intercourse, have partner wear a condom to isolate him as a source.

In brief: Break through

Dr. R. Wayne Inzer
Dr. R. Wayne Inzer