How long after the Brazilian butt lift does it take to heal? How long before you can sit on your butt?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: About 2 weeks

Healing requires attention to the recipient as well as the donor sites.
After any liposuction procedure, it generally takes about 3 months to see long term and stable results and resolution of tenderness. It is typically advised that you avoid sitting or sleeping directly on the grafted buttock sites for about 2 weeks.

In brief: About 2 weeks

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: 3 weeks recovery

In order for the best possible long term results, i advise my patients not to sit for 3 weeks.
This allows the fat graft to 'take' in the most permanent way possible. The attached brazilian butt lift image is one of my own patients. Ricardo rodriguez, md baltimore, maryland.

In brief: 3 weeks recovery

Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: About two weeks

It takes about two weeks to return to normal activity.
Final results are seen in 3-6 months, when all swelling subsides. The procedure is very effective with the added benefit of liposuction.

In brief: About two weeks

Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Todd Sisto
Breast Surgery

In brief: 3-6 wks

Depends on technique.

In brief: 3-6 wks

Depends on technique.
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Todd Sisto
Dr. Frederick Coville
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: 6 weeks

In order to maximize the amount of fat that survives in a properly performed fat transfer to the buttocks, i stress to all my patients that pressure will kill the fat.
Although difficult, you really have to keep pressure off your buttocks by sitting on a stool, hanging off a pillow, "motorcycle-type sitting" sleeping on your belly and side. All of these things are essential for success. Dr. Fred.

In brief: 6 weeks

Dr. Frederick Coville
Dr. Frederick Coville
Dr. Robert Alexander
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Few weeks

Healing time depends on whether you have fat graft aug versus use of implants.
Fat graft most common, but in very thin women not possible (implants needed). Implants take more caution during early healing to avoid movement. Usually recommend avoiding long periods of sitting on either for first couple of weeks, using compression and padding to protect.

In brief: Few weeks

Dr. Robert Alexander
Dr. Robert Alexander
Dr. Keegan Duchicela