28 weeks pregnant drunk soda and layed dwn felt like I had to burp and wen I sat up II burped a lil and than threw up? Afte I threw up II burped, why?

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice
In brief: REFLUX in pregnancy
In third trimester pregnancy you have increased pressure on the stomach which may cause reflux into the esophagus (food pipe) .
Drinking a carbonated drink and lying down is 'sure-fire' way to cause an episode of reflux and possibly causing emesis (throwing up). Reflux measures include: not eating/drinking 2 ours before bed, avoid foods known to increase reflux, raising head of bed 6-8", antacids.

In brief: REFLUX in pregnancy
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Dont understand ?
In pregnancy, especially in later stages, the uterus crowds the whole abdomen and increases pressure in the stomach, increasing the chance of gastroesophageal reflux, which is acid and food coming up the esophagus, often as a "burp.
" carbonated beverages make this worse. What starts as an eructation (medical word for burp) can end with throwing up (emptying the whole stomach). Don't drink soda.

In brief: Dont understand ?
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Adam Levy