I recently had knee surgery. On nov. 4th 2011 I had a cadaver ACL put in my right knee. Will I be able to snow ski again?

Dr. Don Buford
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Usually Yes...
It usually takes about 6 months and sometimes a bit longer after cadaver acl reconstruction to return to full, demanding recreational activities like skiing.
Sometimes and acl brace is protective of the repair if the patient feels better with the brace or if there is any concern about knee stability after the repair. The ultimate decision should be made with your surgeon after an exam.

In brief: Usually Yes...
Dr. Don Buford
Dr. Don Buford
Dr. Cassandra Lee
Return to sport really depends on how well you rehab and time. Discuss this with your surgeon. You are definitely not going to be skiing during the 2011-2012 season.
Dr. Andrew DeGruccio
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Most likely
You should be able to consider this activity between 6 months to 1 year after surgery.
The graft should be adequately incorporated by 6 months, but you must work with therapy to regain leg strength. Strength is the most protective mechanism against re-injury. If you do not feel adequately strong, then continue working in the gym before returning to the slopes.

In brief: Most likely
Dr. Andrew DeGruccio
Dr. Andrew DeGruccio
Dr. Gregory Harvey
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Cadaver acl
Yes you will be to snow ski again.
However, you cannot ski this season. I would recommend you complete your rehab program and continue conditioning both with strengthening, aerobic exercise, and then sport specific exercises. This will enable you to be ready to ski the following season once you are cleared by your orthopedist.

In brief: Cadaver acl
Yes you will be to snow ski again.
Dr. Gregory Harvey
Dr. Gregory Harvey
Dr. Eric Weisman