Can yeast infection clear up naturally or does it need to be medicated?

Yes. Some yeast infections clear up after moisture is taken away or antibiotics are stopped. Deep seeded infections (i.E toenails) may need topical or systemic medication.
May clear up on own. In persons with intact immune systems yeast infections are temporary imbalances in the body's ecology often triggered by antibiotics taken for an infection. Over time & with return to health intestinal bacteria reassert their dominance & yeast levels decrease. This process can be hastened by adding probiotics or antifungal drugs. Persons with diabetes or immunodefiency may have persistent problems.