Is it preferable to continue having lyrica (pregabalin) for fibromyalgia? Now my pain is better..Should I replace it with another medicine after 4 months?

Dr. Edward Smith
Neurology

In brief: If it works, do it!

Fibromyalgia is generally forever. The cause of nerve hypersensitivity is unknown but fibromyalgia patients nerves do not function like other people's.
If your pain is better on lyrica, (pregabalin) do not stop it unless you are having side effects. Temporary fluctuations in fibro pain occur but significant relief is to be treasured. If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it!

In brief: If it works, do it!

Dr. Edward Smith
Dr. Edward Smith
Dr. Susan Uhrich

In brief: If lyrica (pregabalin) is working

Why stop it? Only discontinue your medication on the advice and under the supervision of you doctor.

Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Douglas Bey

In brief: Stay with it

If its doing the job why change?

In brief: Stay with it

If its doing the job why change?
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Douglas Bey
Dr. Jane Van Dis