I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia & my doctor prescribed effexor&lyrica 75mg for 4 months.Now I am better but still some pain in shoulder.Continue or?

Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Fibromyalgia

Some recommended medications include Cymbalta, Savella, (milnacipran) Lyrica, Neurontin, Prozac & Elavil, Muscle relaxants, NSAIDs.
Others can be used as supplements such as CoQ10, Flaxseed, SAMe, Calcium, Magnesium & Vitamin C. Consult your doctor.

In brief: Fibromyalgia

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. GUNWANT DHALIWAL

In brief: Continue

Lyrica (pregabalin) or Neurontin and anti depressants are the main stay of treatment of fibromyalgia other than exercise and non-narcotic pain medications.
It is better to continue if combination is helping you. Avoid narcotics.

In brief: Continue

Dr. GUNWANT DHALIWAL
Dr. GUNWANT DHALIWAL
Dr. Amit Bhavsar

In brief: Continue

These are long term medications that work best when taken continuously.
Fibromyalgia is also a long term disease so it makes sense to be on long term medication. One of the most effective treatments also for fibromyalgia is daily exercise. Talk to your md but he, or a trainer should be working with you to maximize this aspect of your long term treatment. It's one of the best things you can do.

In brief: Continue

Dr. Amit Bhavsar
Dr. Amit Bhavsar
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham