Should I see doctor about pain in the middle of my chest and what could it be?

Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

There are many causes of pain in the middle of the chest but the one that's on your mind (if you asked this question) is heart disease.
So go see your doctor and make sure you're okay. If it's not serious, you'll feel better about it and if it is serious, you'll be glad you didn't wait.

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Chest pain in middle

Any pain in chest especially left sided or in the middle of chest should be evaluated by a doctor.If the pain is sharp andpersistant you should call 911, that is an emergency.
The most serious cause is heart attack, but it can come from esophageal reflux disease and can be in the chest wall itself, and sometime due to prblems in your lung.You should not wait, and see your doctoe asap or go to er.

In brief: Chest pain in middle

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna