For a while i've been seeing a little flying "dirt" in my eye like I scratched my cornea maybe? Do you know what happened? Will it go away on its own?

Dr. Bruce Saran
Ophthalmology

In brief: Vitreous floater

You most probably have a vitreous floater. The clear gel that fills eyeball is normally attached to all parts of the inside of the eye.
As we get older it can become more liquid (watery) and detaches from the back of the retina causing your "dirt" floater. This can also reult in a retinal tear or detachment you should see your eye doctor to check the retina for this or hemorrhage (blood).

In brief: Vitreous floater

Dr. Bruce Saran
Dr. Bruce Saran
Dr. Ilan Cohen
Ophthalmology

In brief: Maybe

A scratch is the cornea is usually painful.
What you are describing sounds more like a vitreal floater. This is when you can see a shadow cast by a particle in the jelly inside your eye. You should visit your eye doctor for a dilated exam to make sure there are no other problems. Floaters are usually a benign condition and the perception of the floaters typically reduces over time.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Ilan Cohen
Dr. Ilan Cohen
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: CORNES SCRATCH

You need to see your eye doctor to have your eye checked, you may have a corneal abrasion which can effect yoyr eyesight when it heals, or you may have a foreign body on the cornes which can only be seen after stainind your cornea with a dye and if it is, then to have it removed.

In brief: CORNES SCRATCH

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna