Can there be a way to fade scars?

Dr. Daniel Careaga
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Scar tretaments

Several options are available for scar reduction: silicone gel silicone sheeting mederma kelo-cote scar massage tape a study in the journal of plastic and reconstructive surgery several years ago compared these and found that although none showed statistical significance for scar reduction, the one that had the best overall response was silicone sheeting.
That is what I use in my practice.

In brief: Scar tretaments

That is what I use in my practice.
Dr. Daniel Careaga
Dr. Daniel Careaga
Dr. John Christophel
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: It depends

If your scars are relatively new (within 6 months), there is evidence that application of silicone sheeting or gel to the scar can help it fade.
Silicone is more effective than vitamin e, aloe, etc. More recently, it has been shown that keeping a scar covered with paper tape also helps it fade. Photo is from patient who used silicone sheeting for 3 months.

In brief: It depends

Dr. John Christophel
Dr. John Christophel