My daughter is almost 4 weeks old. When should I start tummy time & how can I go about it if she gets too fussy?

In brief: Now!
Safest position for your baby is on his or her back.
This decreases the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (sids) there are several ways to provide tummy time : hold baby on your chest while you're reclined or lying flat. Place baby on a firm, safe surface when awake. If the baby gets too fussy, play with the baby, sing, make a face and talk.

In brief: Now!
Dr. Prakash Bhoopalam
Dr. Prakash Bhoopalam
Dr. Thomas Riney
she will decide when tummy time starts, when she is able to roll over from her back to her front
Dr. Jeb Teichman
In brief: Now is good
The aap recommends at least 20 min of tummy time at least twice per day.
Tummy time is important both to prevent flattening of the back of the head and to encourage development. Spread a blanket on the floor and get down there with your baby. Put some toys on the blanket within and just out of the babies reach to encourage him/her to reach for them.

In brief: Now is good
Dr. Jeb Teichman
Dr. Jeb Teichman
Dr. Jane Van Dis