Will the Lipozene shot help me lose weight in/around my belly?

Dr. Shaym Puppala

In brief: Weight loss

Lipozene contains konjac which is a type of fiber.
There are many fiber supplements that contain soluble fiber. I am not aware of any convincing studies showing it works. The thought is that soluble fiber by mouth will absorb water & the increased bulk will increase the feeling of being full, so that less food will be eaten. The combination of appropriate diet and exercise works well.

In brief: Weight loss

Dr. Shaym Puppala
Dr. Shaym Puppala
2 comments
Dr. Milena Lombardi
The following is a great free resource for diet information as well as a tracker for calories.
Dr. Milena Lombardi
Sorry, I forgot to include the website: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/
Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Doubtful

Contains glucomannan (from konjac root), nonabsorbable fiber; can make you feel full.
Can interfere with absorption of vitamins a, d, e, k. Can interact with a number of meds. Tablets have been known to cause obstruction of esophagus or bowel. No magic bullet; no short cuts.

In brief: Doubtful

Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Vicken Poochikian