I am 7 weeks pregnant.Been cramping and spotting and bleeding.Sonogram shows no heartbeat yet.Is it right time or to early to see heart?I take progest

In brief: Can't tell

If the sonogram was done endovaginally you probably have an early pregnancy failure (spontaneous abortion).
If it was done transabdominally you might not see a heartbeat at 7 weeks. And should repeat in a week.

In brief: Can't tell

Dr. Arnold Friedman
Dr. Arnold Friedman
Dr. Robert Frolichstein
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Worrisome

In most instances, fetal heart activity should be seen by vaginal ultrasound by 6-7 weeks.
If the ultrasound is abdominal you might not see heartbeat before 8-10 weeks. So if your ultrasound was transvaginal and you are bleeding and cramping, chances are this is a miscarriage.

In brief: Worrisome

Dr. Robert Frolichstein
Dr. Robert Frolichstein
Dr. Adam Levy