I have a phobia of needles but need imunisations for my job, can my doctor prescribe me something to calm me down?Ive tried beta blockers - no success

Dr. Ankush Bansal

You could try Xanax (alprazolam) or Ativan to reduce the anxiety shortly before the injection.
Both are prescriptions.

Both are prescriptions.
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Olav Jaren
Neurology

In brief: Self hypnosis?

one thing that could help you is to learn some form of distraction when you need your injections.
This is often done with children. If you can get your mind to visit a memory or thought, you may not even notice the injection. There are also medicines that can sedate you. You may not want to use them for this however, as the side effects may linger too long.

In brief: Self hypnosis?

Dr. Olav Jaren
Dr. Olav Jaren
Dr. Bassam Amawi

In brief: Yes he can

There r plenty of medication that he can write u ? however , since u did not have a positive response to beta blocker , u can ask him for benzodiazapine.

In brief: Yes he can

Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: CBT

Seek a cognitive-behavioral therapist who specializes in phobias.
One method they use is systematic desensitization which slowly and incrementally brings the person closer and closer to the thing they are afraid of in slow, graduated steps that help make the anxiety more tolerable.

In brief: CBT

Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology