Why do I hear my spinal fluid in my neck?

Dr. Jessica Allan

In brief: Gift hearing or?

You may be hearing the creaks and noises of shifting bones and cartilage or maybe the blood pulsing through your carotids.
Or maybe your nervous system is so attuned that you can hear your spinal fluid. You would be the first patient I have heard that can hear their spinal fluid.

In brief: Gift hearing or?

Dr. Jessica Allan
Dr. Jessica Allan
Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: Spinal fluid

Are you sure its fluid and not the blood floowing through your blood vessels.

In brief: Spinal fluid

Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc

In brief: Spinal fluid

It's very unusual to feel spinal fluid movement in the neck.
I am not sure that's what you feel, although, it may feel like that. If you are bothered enough by it, i'd recommend seeing a local doc to have history and physical done to start with.

In brief: Spinal fluid

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Sudhir Bansal
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Noise neck

Noise in our body fluids is produced by turbulent movement spinal fluid moves little and there is no noise you probably hear a venous hum if at rest on movement noise from skeletal tissues rarely noise from arterial blood flow but uncommon at your age.

In brief: Noise neck

Dr. Sudhir Bansal
Dr. Sudhir Bansal